October 17, 2017 3:12pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — Last month, New York’s Center for Jewish History was the target of a right-wing campaign seeking to oust its new president, David Myers, over his dovish views on Israel. The campaign drew an appropriately outraged response from leading Jewish scholars, who rallied around Myers, a highly regarded historian who has publicly…
February 10, 2016 10:47am
NEW YORK (JTA) — Bernie Sanders is having a month of historic firsts. In New Hampshire on Tuesday night, he handily won the Democratic Party contest, becoming the first Jew to win a presidential primary. In Iowa, he became the first Jewish presidential candidate — the first non-Christian, even — to win delegates in a…
January 12, 2016 5:03pm
A former JTA editor offers an elegy for the magazine that carried the banner of American liberalism for nearly 100 years.
December 11, 2015 4:02pm
Chutzpah has entered the mainstream of American political discourse. But with the Yiddishism becoming popular as a political insult, the word’s nuances may be lost.
July 25, 2014 5:44pm
Sen. Al Franken thinks that anti-Israel divestment campaigns are no laughing matter and offers to fight them on college campuses.
July 18, 2014 1:33am
Hillary Clinton blames Hamas, and her husband concurs, though he also warns Israel of the perils of not making peace.
July 13, 2014 2:09pm
Three young Jews were kidnapped, and their bodies were discovered near an Arab village.
July 8, 2014 7:35pm
In the Israeli city of Holon, rocket fire interrupted a wedding ceremony, sending the bride and groom and their guests running for shelter.
July 3, 2014 3:01pm
In 2010, JTA conducted a video interview with Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, leading light of the Renewal stream of Judaism, who died today at the age of 89.
June 16, 2014 6:43pm
The Zionist Organization of America relates the Obama administration’s approach to the Palestinian unity government to an infamous Nazi pogrom.
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel’s Air Force bombs Gaza terror tunnel in response to rocket fire
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties
- French-Jewish group that accused Israel of causing anti-Semitism loses state funding
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- National Library of Israel brings rare, ancient manuscripts to New York University