March 11, 2018 10:00am
(JTA) — At its annual policy conference last week week, AIPAC made a high-profile, widely discussed bid to bring progressives back into the fold. Those efforts revealed that the organization’s leaders understand that their particular brand of Israel politics is losing support — but that they still may not understand why. “The progressive narrative for…
November 29, 2016 2:11pm
Editor’s note: The upset victory by Donald Trump in the 2016 elections stunned a Jewish activist and leadership class that is at times as divided as the electorate at large. JTA asked some of those leaders to describe their concerns and expectations in a series of brief essays, “Worst fears, best hopes,” that will appear regularly between now and Inauguration Day….
September 21, 2010 8:02pm
Extending Israel’s settlement freeze is the first step down the path to Israeli security and legitimacy, the president of J Street argues.
July 26, 2010 1:04am
Alan Dershowitz-style advocacy cements his position as part of the “Chorus of No” that is working hard to frighten American policymakers and politicians from speaking out on Middle East issues, the head of J Street writes in response to a Dershowitz Op-Ed.
February 16, 2010 2:50am
The head of J Street, responding to an Op-Ed by the executive director of Christians United for Israel, suggests an end to name calling and attacks and an open debate on what’s best for a democratic Israel and the broader Jewish community.
- Washington councilman accuses ‘the Rothschilds’ of controlling the weather
Editor's Column‘Nobody is talking about anti-Semitism.’ You’re kidding, right?
- Mayim Bialik meets Israeli president in Jerusalem
WatchCynthia Nixon gave a Shabbat sermon in 2011 — and praised Andrew Cuomo
- Ronald Lauder, in rare criticism, rebukes Netanyahu over settlements and Orthodox hegemony
- Keith Ellison says critics pressing him on Farrakhan ties are trying to divide blacks and Jews
- European countries reportedly propose plan to keep US in Iran nuclear deal
- Former Polish politician sues Jewish museum over use of tweet deemed anti-Semitic
- Air India to begin direct flights to Israel over Saudi airspace
- Hungarian resort town opens restored synagogue as educational center
- Israeli soccer player posts photo with captain of Iranian national team