March 11, 2018 10:00am
(JTA) — At its annual policy conference last week week, AIPAC made a high-profile, widely discussed bid to bring progressives back into the fold. Those efforts revealed that the organization’s leaders understand that their particular brand of Israel politics is losing support — but that they still may not understand why. “The progressive narrative for…
November 16, 2016 2:39pm
Editor’s note: The upset victory by Donald Trump in the 2016 elections stunned a Jewish activist and leadership class that is at times as divided as the electorate at large. JTA asked some of those leaders to describe their concerns and expectations in a series of brief essays, “Worst fears, best hopes,” that will appear regularly between now and Inauguration Day….
June 14, 2016 12:10pm
This is the first of two contrasting views on an executive order by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo that prevents state agencies from doing business with companies that support a boycott of Israeli products. In the second, a law professor who tracks anti-BDS legislation says such laws do not pose a First Amendment problem. NEW YORK (JTA)…
March 1, 2012 7:58pm
The Jewish National Fund once and for all must end its practice of evicting families, writes the executive director of Rabbis for Human Rights-North America.
September 22, 2011 3:43pm
Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur may be days to sit in prayer and contemplation, but they also should nourish our justice work and challenge Jews to recommit to these efforts in the year ahead, writes the executive director of Rabbis for Human Rights-North America.
May 31, 2011 2:47pm
In our passion for Jerusalem, we cannot ignore the fact that there are two cities: that of rich and that of poor, that of peace and that of conflict, that of Jew and that of Arab, writes Rabbi Jill Jacobs of Rabbis for Human Rights-North America.
June 30, 2009 5:50pm
The Fourth of July should inspire American Jews to draw on their religious traditions when engaging in the public square, writes Rabbi Jill Jacobs.
- Washington councilman accuses ‘the Rothschilds’ of controlling the weather
Editor's Column‘Nobody is talking about anti-Semitism.’ You’re kidding, right?
- Mayim Bialik meets Israeli president in Jerusalem
WatchCynthia Nixon gave a Shabbat sermon in 2011 — and praised Andrew Cuomo
- Ronald Lauder, in rare criticism, rebukes Netanyahu over settlements and Orthodox hegemony
- Keith Ellison says critics pressing him on Farrakhan ties are trying to divide blacks and Jews
- European countries reportedly propose plan to keep US in Iran nuclear deal
- Former Polish politician sues Jewish museum over use of tweet deemed anti-Semitic
- Air India to begin direct flights to Israel over Saudi airspace
- Hungarian resort town opens restored synagogue as educational center
- Israeli soccer player posts photo with captain of Iranian national team