is the online coordinator for JTA.
July 5, 2013 12:36pm
The Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood’s website briefly posted an article claiming that the country’s current interim president is Jewish.
July 5, 2013 10:21am
Agudath Israel of America says Rabbi Jonathan Sacks doesn’t understand Judaism.
July 4, 2013 3:24pm
Looking back at Rabbi Norman Lamm’s time at Yeshiva University.
July 3, 2013 8:48am
Israeli officials joined international efforts to save an 8-year-old boy who was mauled by a wild hyena in Ethiopia.
July 1, 2013 3:51pm
Love and prayers from around the country are pouring in to a summer camp where three campers were hit by lightning last week.
July 1, 2013 10:31am
At New York’s gay and lesbian synagogue, worshipers gathered Friday night at the opening of pride weekend to celebrate a historic milestone.
June 28, 2013 10:59am
At a recent tribute dinner, many past prime ministers praised Jonathan Sacks, the chief rabbi who is set to retire in August.
June 27, 2013 2:15pm
The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act last week gave rise to a range of Jewish responses to gay marriage. Agudath Israel of America, the haredi Orthodox umbrella group, released a terse message asserting that, “Society’s mores may shift and crumble but eternal verities exist.” From the Reform movement came an embrace of full rights for gay…
June 27, 2013 1:05am
JTA won six awards, including three for first place, in the 32nd Annual Simon Rockower Awards for Excellence in Jewish Journalism.
June 26, 2013 12:53pm
Reactions to the same-sex marriage decisions.
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel’s Air Force bombs Gaza terror tunnel in response to rocket fire
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties
- French-Jewish group that accused Israel of causing anti-Semitism loses state funding
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- National Library of Israel brings rare, ancient manuscripts to New York University