November 21, 2016 8:46pm
Editor’s note: The upset victory by Donald Trump in the 2016 elections stunned a Jewish activist and leadership class that is at times as divided as the electorate at large. JTA asked some of those leaders to describe their concerns and expectations in a series of brief essays, “Worst fears, best hopes,” that will appear regularly between now and Inauguration Day. …
April 19, 2012 9:09pm
The permissibility and necessity of state support to make the Jewish school system viable are clear, and in 2012 we fortunately are seeing signs that this prospect may become a reality, writes a Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America official.
May 31, 2011 6:21pm
The Jewish people should not be asked to cede control over Jerusalem, just as the Muslims are not asked to cede sovereignty over Mecca and the Americans are not asked to return Philadelphia to the queen of England, writes the Orthodox Union’s Nathan Diament.
June 28, 2010 12:16am
Lynn Schusterman with her proposal seeking greater inclusion for gays in the Jewish community could include some Jews by virtue of excluding others, an Orthodox Union official writes.
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Trump negotiators welcome Abbas’ recognition of Jerusalem as holy to Jews
- Orthodox school in Antwerp says employee wrong to instruct teachers not to teach evolution, reproduction
- Hosting BDS founder at European Parliament encourages anti-Semitism, Jewish leaders say
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Israel successfully tests Arrow-3 missile defense system
- US ambassador to Israel reportedly says evicting settlers ‘could lead to civil war’