November 21, 2016 8:46pm
Editor’s note: The upset victory by Donald Trump in the 2016 elections stunned a Jewish activist and leadership class that is at times as divided as the electorate at large. JTA asked some of those leaders to describe their concerns and expectations in a series of brief essays, “Worst fears, best hopes,” that will appear regularly between now and Inauguration Day. …
April 19, 2012 9:09pm
The permissibility and necessity of state support to make the Jewish school system viable are clear, and in 2012 we fortunately are seeing signs that this prospect may become a reality, writes a Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America official.
May 31, 2011 6:21pm
The Jewish people should not be asked to cede control over Jerusalem, just as the Muslims are not asked to cede sovereignty over Mecca and the Americans are not asked to return Philadelphia to the queen of England, writes the Orthodox Union’s Nathan Diament.
June 28, 2010 12:16am
Lynn Schusterman with her proposal seeking greater inclusion for gays in the Jewish community could include some Jews by virtue of excluding others, an Orthodox Union official writes.
- A tour guide uncovers Passover secrets in the Met Museum’s Egyptian wing
- Father of Polish prime minister says Jews gladly moved to ghettos to get away from non-Jews
- Washington councilman accuses ‘the Rothschilds’ of controlling the weather
Editor's Column‘Nobody is talking about anti-Semitism.’ You’re kidding, right?
WatchCynthia Nixon gave a Shabbat sermon in 2011 — and praised Andrew Cuomo
- Mayim Bialik meets Israeli president in Jerusalem
- European countries reportedly propose plan to keep US in Iran nuclear deal
- Mayim Bialik says haters won’t prevent her from defending Israel on internet
- Former Polish politician sues Jewish museum over use of tweet deemed anti-Semitic
- Hungarian resort town opens restored synagogue as educational center
- Israeli soccer player posts photo with captain of Iranian national team