April 30, 2012 2:25pm
As physical adaptations like wheelchair access have become more widespread, synagogues have made strides at including congregants with emotional, behavioral or mental disabilities, but there is still a long way to go.
April 20, 2012 6:53pm
Poverty and income inequality are among the greatest long-term challenges facing the Israeli economy, the head of Israel’s central bank said.
April 18, 2012 5:53pm
As day school tuition costs are rising, a growing number of Jewish organizations are rethinking their opposition to public support for religious schools.
April 5, 2012 3:30pm
Peter Beinart, an outspoken critic of the American Jewish establishment, had a respectful debate with one of its leaders.
April 5, 2012 2:53am
Peter Beinart and the president of the Boston Jewish federation sparred over Birthright Israel during a public event at Harvard University.
April 3, 2012 5:35pm
Member schools are pushing the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools, which only under pressure changed the time of a state tournament basketball game to allow a Jewish school to take part, to be more open to Jewish and Muslim schools.
May 2, 2006 9:00am
For evidence of how emigration has depleted India’s Jewish community, look no further than high schools and trade schools established for Jews in Mumbai.
January 10, 2006 10:00am
Bukharian Jewish immigrants in North America, most of them in Queens, struggle to maintain their identity while confronting the economic and cultural pressures of the United States.
January 10, 2006 10:00am
The history of Bukharian Jews of Uzbekistan is a bit murky but fascinating.
March 29, 2005 10:00am
Somerville, a Boston suburb, is facing another fight over divestment from Israel as a small group attempts to bring the question up again; it was defeated late last year.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- Florida congressman’s kids are using hamantaschen to help end gun violence
- NRA chief singles out Soros, Bloomberg as ‘socialists’
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- Former NBA star Amar’e Stoudemire just launched a line of kosher wines
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties
- Can Jewish charities do good and make money? Impact investors say yes.
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- Israel appoints first female haredi Orthodox judge