January 3, 2018 5:00pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — It’s a recurring theme in the career of actor Jeremy Shamos: extravagant praise for playing some less-than-extravagant characters. In reviews for “Meteor Shower,” the new Broadway comedy by Steve Martin, the entertainment website Deadline.com says Shamos “is priceless as the zhlubbish Norm,” who is the “mushy husband” to the character played…
November 10, 2017 11:23am
(JTA) — There’s a long and poignant story behind the T-shirt that Ari’el Stachel often wears these days. It says, in Hebrew letters, “Totzeret Teman” — “Product of Yemen.” The unexpected juxtaposition of two cultures, Israeli and Arab, is as fascinating and complex as Stachel himself. Stachel, 26, is an actor and singer making his Broadway…
May 26, 2015 11:42am
The “Marjorie Morningstar” author’s son and I went to Camp Ramah together — and I secretly read his mail.
November 11, 2013 5:17pm
Veteran CBS newsman Steve North recalls meetings with siblings and a nephew of Jack Ruby — a volatile man with a penchant for violence in the face of anti-Jewish slurs.
- Jewish brothers who survived the Florida school shooting learn what they mean to each other
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- DC Comics’ newest writer is poised to make Superman Jewish again
- Aly Raisman to BBYO: Be kind, speak out, stand up for survivors
- Amy Schumer weds chef Chris Fischer in private ceremony
- Aunt of Jewish Florida school shooting victim pleads for an end to ‘the sickness that has gripped our country’
- Oman’s foreign minister visits Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa mosque
- French-Jewish group that accused Israel of causing anti-Semitism loses state funding
- For some Balkan Muslims, a Jewish false messiah inspires interfaith understanding
- Hosting BDS founder at European Parliament encourages anti-Semitism, Jewish leaders say
OpinionIsrael needs Trump to contain Iran. He’s off to a good start.