is JTA's Los Angeles correspondent. A veteran journalist, he also writes for the Jerusalem Post, the Los Angeles Jewish Journal and the London Jewish Chronicle.
November 21, 2013 6:33am
Jailed Israeli crime boss Itzhak Abergil will be extradited from the United States to Israel to serve the remaining nine years of a 10-year sentence.
November 6, 2013 3:46pm
Theodore Bikel, who fled the Nazi occupation of his native Vienna for prestate Israel, will be honored by the Austrian government on the 75th anniversary of Kristallnacht.
October 16, 2013 3:22pm
The University of California, Berkeley is launching a Center for Jewish Studies.
August 6, 2013 7:39am
Yehuda Lev, an iconoclastic journalist and veteran of World War II and Israel’s War of Independence who established a European underground route to smuggle Holocaust survivors to Palestine, has died.
June 6, 2013 1:32pm
The new biopic of the German-Jewish philosopher dramatizes her rejection by Jews deeply offended by her coverage of the Adolf Eichmann trial for The New Yorker and her belief in Jewish complicity with Nazi crimes.
May 22, 2013 6:24am
Eric Garcetti, a veteran city councilman, became the first elected Jewish mayor of Los Angeles.
April 3, 2013 9:04pm
Nancy Spielberg and Meyer Lansky’s nephew are among those working on films that tell the stories of the volunteer airmen from abroad who helped Israel control the skies during the War of Independence. Tom Tugend reports for JTA.
February 25, 2013 11:00am
Two Israeli documentaries in contention for the Oscar for best documentary failed to bring Israel its first coveted golden statue.
February 14, 2013 12:02pm
A Los Angeles philanthropist has pledged $30 million to support a vast restoration project for the city’s landmark Wilshire Boulevard Temple.
February 4, 2013 3:56pm
A Facebook petition to remove an anti-Israel page that uses an expletive in its name has 75,000 likes, the removal campaign’s creator says.
- Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz made anti-Semitic, racists comments in private chat group
- ‘Our kids should be safe,’ father of Parkland victim Meadow Pollack says at her funeral
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel’s Air Force bombs Gaza terror tunnel in response to rocket fire
- Dutch aid group for Syrians accused of discriminating against job seeker with Jewish ties
- French-Jewish group that accused Israel of causing anti-Semitism loses state funding
- Canadian rabbi challenges Israel’s Chief Rabbinate over ‘blacklist’
- National Library of Israel brings rare, ancient manuscripts to New York University