is JTA's Los Angeles correspondent. A veteran journalist, he also writes for the Jerusalem Post, the Los Angeles Jewish Journal and the London Jewish Chronicle.
April 3, 2015 1:26pm
Randol Schoenberg is portrayed by Ryan Reynolds in the film based on his successful legal effort to win back a valuable Gustav Klimt painting confiscated by the Nazis.
March 2, 2015 2:44pm
In 1991, JTA’s Tom Tugend sat down with Leonard Nimoy at his Bel Air home to discuss the actor’s flexibly Orthodox upbringing, his stints in the Yiddish theater and the “Star Trek” role with which he would become synonymous.
March 1, 2015 2:28pm
A new documentary from writer-director Andrew Goldberg, who has become public television’s semi-official Jewish chronicler, looks at what brought millions to America’s shores.
February 23, 2015 2:51am
“Ida,” a Holocaust-themed film directed by the grandson of an Auschwitz victim, won an Oscar, but an Israeli nominee again failed to bring home the treasured trophy.
January 21, 2015 5:02pm
Told through the eyes of four young women, the documentary is the latest from writer-director Adam Zucker.
January 12, 2015 5:59am
Jill Soloway’s “Transparent” — which has been called “the Jewiest Show Ever” — won for Best TV Series-Comedy.
December 26, 2014 11:23am
Glazer was known for his support of Israeli universities, including Tel Aviv University and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, and for his friendships with Israeli Prime Ministers David Ben-Gurion, Golda Meir, Yitzhak Rabin and Benjamin Netanyahu.
December 25, 2014 7:43am
Beerman grew the Leo Baeck Temple from 28 members when he arrived in 1949 into one of the most prominent synagogues in Los Angeles.
December 24, 2014 5:16pm
Two young classmates at a Los Angeles Jewish day school raised $1 million to find a cure for Glycogen Storage Disease.
December 21, 2014 6:30am
The Oscar Award-winning film “Into the Arms of Strangers: Stories of the Kindertransport” was among 25 films added to the National Film Registry for their historical, cultural or aesthetic importance.
- Florida school shooting’s Jewish victims remembered for their kindness
- The Jewish sheriff leading the response to the Florida school shooting quotes the Talmud
WatchMom of Jewish girl killed in Florida shooting begs Trump: ‘Please do something’
- Mike Huckabee says US should follow Israel’s lead to prevent mass shootings. Twitter takes issue.
- Jewish brothers who survived the Florida school shooting learn what they mean to each other
- Amy Schumer weds chef Chris Fischer in private ceremony
- Comedian Jena Friedman: We should treat neo-Nazis the way we treat women
- Netanyahu to meet with Trump in March
- Britain’s Labour Party backs separate labeling for kosher and halal meat
- Rabbi urges friends of Florida shooting victim to ‘honor her legacy’
- White supremacist group: Florida school shooter is associated with us