Mosdow (Oct. 29)
The organization of Jewish workers banded together for the purposes of “personally participating in the erection of the Jewish working center in Palestine” has been legalized by the Soviet Government, according to the official Soviet Gazette which publishes the statutes of the organization. The body is known as the “Hechaluz” and was registered on August 23, 1923, at the Peoples’ Commissariat of the Interior.
Membership in the Hachaluz is limited to “working persons deriving their livelihood without exploiting others”. According to the statutes, the Hechaluz is obliged to submit annually to the Commissariat for the Interior a list of all its members. In the event of liquidation, the property of the “Hechaluz” is to revert to the All-Russian Agricultural Labor Union.