Jerusalem (Jun. 20)
(Jewish Telegraphic Agency)
The platean known as the Napoleonic Mount, loeated between Tel Aviv and Petach Tikvah, was acquired by Isaac Goldberg.
The locality was a military center during the world war. Its name is derived from the cireumstance that it played an important part in the Ecyptian expedition of Napoleon in 1799.
In ancient times a settlment existed there and archaeologists are looking forward eagerly to the results of excavations which will be started there shortly.
Federal Judge Genver M. Moscowitz was the principal speaker at the laving of the cornerstone of the Talm## Totak of Crown Height?, Brooklyn, Sunday afternoon. Rabbis Israel Herbert Levinthal of the Booklyn Jewish Centre, A. D. Burack of William-burg and Daniel Shapiro also addressed the gathering. Henry Davis is pre-ident of the Talmud Torah.
Ground for the structure was broken six months ago. The plans for the Hebrew school call for a three-story and basement building to be constructed at an estimated cost of $250,000.
Constituent societies of the Jewish Welfare Board participated in the celebration of the 150th anniversary of the adoption of the American flag. conducting group activities, which included a flag salute, states addresses, recitations, and tableaux, the associations ayailing themselves of suggestions and materials for programs furnished by the Jewish Welfare Board.