Felix Fuld Gives $2,500 for Archaeological Operations in Palestine
Menu JTA Search

Felix Fuld Gives $2,500 for Archaeological Operations in Palestine

Download PDF for this date

Felix Fuld of Newark, has contributed $2,500 to the-fund for conducting special archaeological operations in Palestine, under the joint direction of the Jewish Palestine Exploration Society and the Hebrew University, according to Rabbi J. Max Weis, Secretary of the Society’s American Committee.

According to plans announced by the American Committee, its archaeologist, Dr. E. L. Sukenik, will be invited to leliver a series of lectures in the United States during the Spring of 1929, on the results of the excavations being undertaken through the fund of $25,000 which has been launched by the gift of Mr. Fuld, and on the activities of the Jewish Palestine Exploration Society since its recent establishment.

The members of the American Committee include Elisha M. Friedman, chairman, Rabbi David de Sola Pool, vice chairman, Arthur L. Malkenson, treasurer, Rabbi J. Max Weiss, secretary, Dr. Cyrus Adler, Oscar Berman, Howard Goodhart, Rabbi James G. Heller, Arthur Lehman, Rabbi Felix A. Levy, Sam A. Lewisohn, Judge Julian W. Mack, Leslie V. Marks, Walter E. Meyer, Dr. Julian Morgenstern, Dr. Bernard Revel, Roger W. Straus, Joseph Stroock, Ludwig Vogelstein, Felix M. Warburg, and Dr. Stephen S. Wise.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund