Ruttenberg Plant to Give Nazareth Electric Light
Menu JTA Search

Ruttenberg Plant to Give Nazareth Electric Light

Download PDF for this date

(Jewish Telegraphic Agency)

Nazareth is to have electric light and power as the result of an agreement concluded between the township and the Palestine Electric Company.

The agreement concluded with Pincus Ruttenberg, founder and managing director of the Palestine Electric Company, calls for the completion of the installation work by the end of 1929.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund