Lancaster, Pa. (May. 15)
The Towers Club, a Jewish students’ organization at the Franklin and Marshall College in this city was recently given official sanction by the faculty of the college. This students’ organization was formed in 1927 with the assistance of Rabbi Daniel L. Davis of Congregation Shaarai Shomayim and has continued in existence since then.
The recognition given to this Jewish organization is the first official asknowledgement on the part of the faculty of Franklin and Marshall College of the right of a Jewish organization to exist on the campus. A number of attempts were made some years ago to gain official sanction, but met with no success. There are about fifty Jewish boys enrolled at Franklin and Marshall College.