Harris Library Goes to Jewish Institute and Hebrew University

Announcement was made today by Dr. Stephen S. Wise, president of the Jewish Institute of Religion, that Mrs. Maurice H. Harris, wife of the late Dr. Harris, rabbi for nearly half a century of Temple Israel, New York, had donated his library to the Jewish Institute of Religion and the Hebrew University. A special collection of books was first presented to Temple Israel.

Dr. Harris was one of the founders of the Jewish Institute of Religion, a member of its Board of Trustees since its founding, and it was through him that the hospitality of Temple Israel was enjoyed by the Institute during its first term in 1922.

NEXT STORY