A new register of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America, which has just been published, draws attention to the extent to which scholars, the world over, turn to its library as a source of help and information. Among the distinguished savants who have declared their indebtedness to this library in their published works, are Professor David Yellin of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, and Dr. B. Lewin of the Tachkemoni School in Haifa. Dr. E. W. Rabinowitz, Dr. Michael Higger, Rabbi Joseph Marcus, of the Seminary alumni, have published works based on MSS. found in the collection. In his translation of the Memoirs of Gluckel von Hameln, Marvin Lowenthal includes several reproductions from the library’s books.
The Museum of Jewish Ceremonial Objects which was opened last November, was visited by more than 1,000 persons each month. Because of the widespread demand for its use, it has been kept open during the summer months.
The Seminary celebrated this year the thirtieth anniversary of its reorganization which took place in 1902, when Dr. Cyrus Adler became president of the board of directors. In honor of this occasion more than 500 people throughout the country joined in a testimonial of greeting to Dr. Adler, which was presented to him at the Commencement exercises.