Allentown, Pa. (Oct. 29)
The twenty-fifth anniversary of the dedication of Temple Keneseth Israel was observed here with impressive exercises in the temple.
Rabbi Harry Caplan presided and the speakers were Rabbi Julian Feibleman, of Temple Keneseth Israel, Philadelphia, and General Frank D. Beary, commissioner of police of Allentown.
The Congregation Keneseth Israel was incorporated on July 6, 1903. Among the pioneer members of Allentown Jewry whose leadership and sacrifices served as an inspiration in the founding of the congregation were Henry Schnurman, Simon Rosentiel, Levi Simon, Joshua Schnurman, Lewis Dreifoos and Joseph Schnurman. Henry Haltzel is president of the congregation at the present time.