B’klyn Temple Spends $4,000 for Relief of Needy Families
Menu JTA Search

B’klyn Temple Spends $4,000 for Relief of Needy Families

Download PDF for this date

More than $4,000 has been spent by Temple Ahavath Sholom, Avenue R and East 16th Street, Brooklyn, since December 1931, for the relief of needy families in the Flatbush area, it was announced by J. Arthur Seidman, president of the temple. The money was collected entirely from members of the congregation. The chairman of the unemployment relief fund is Leon Levin, who is also honorary president of the temple. Rabbis Frederick Braun and Benjamin Schultz head the congregation. Rabbi Schultz is also chairman of the Joint Committee on Public Relief, a New York investigation organization consisting of Protestant, Catholic and Jewish ministers and laymen.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund