Tel Aviv, Palestine (Nov. 11)
That the Municipality of Tel Aviv shares to a large extent in the direct governmental taxation is disclosed in computations published in the Bulletin of the city. Reports indicate the extrordinary progress the township has made, and that today it has a floating population of about 50,000 persons.
In 1930, the city had an 18 per cent contribution to State revenues, according to the Bulletin. Economic turnover, land transactions and direct taxation have increased the municipal expenditure from Â£85,000 in 1930 to Â£180,000 in 1933. The newspaper adds that in spite of the development of the city’s business, and taxation turnover, there was no corresponding grant for public works.