TEL AVIV (Jan. 20)
Industry was given a tremendous fillip in this Jewish city during 1933.
No less than sixty-three new factories with a capital of over Â£100,000 were established in the civic environs and neighborhood during that year, of which thirteen were textile plants, eleven in Tel Aviv and two in Ramat-Gan with over Â£25,000 capital.
In seventeen steel-working concerns over Â£20,000 were invested, while a similar amount was placed in chemical industies. Nine building materials establishments had capital of over Â£12,000. Paper and printing workshops absorbed Â£ 4,500 (one in Petach-Tikvah) and Â£4,000 were invested in three woodworking factories. The sum of Â£14,000 was placed in nine factories for various types of soft goods and haberdashery.
Average capital of each factory amounted to about V1,700 ($8,500), but in some the capital was as low as Â£500 and in others as high as Â£8,000. The working capital of these establishments was far more than initial capital investments. Sixty-one of the factories have already marketed their products.