By special dispensation from Herr Hitler himself, a few prominent and formerly powerful Jews have been awarded the “Aryan” diploma or “Aryan” racial certificate, Thus the offspring and heir of Abraham Mendelsohn, head of the old German Jewish banking firm, carries a diploma today assuring one and all, whomever it may concern, that 100 per cent pure “Aryan” blood courses through the veins of Franz von Mendelsohn
A World Jewish Legal Conference, the first in the history of the Jewish people, was convoked in Jerusalem yesterday.
The necessity to establish a central legal authority has long been recognized by the Jewish people an authority constituted of those who are devoted to Jewish traditions, experienced in jurisprudence, and who desire the constitutional progress of Jewish institutionalism.
Such a tribunal would determine questions such as the legal status of the Jew, as a citizen, in certain countries, where his rights are being infringed upon. The conflicts between the law of the land and the Jewish law, as for instance in the case of the husband who despite a legal decree of the state, refuses to deliver a “Get” to his wife, which creates a situation where his wife, though legally free to rewed, under the laws of their country cannot rewed by Jewish law
The ten points of discussion have been outlined in the agenda, which will occupy three days: 1, Nineteen hundred years after the Exile of the Sanhedrin. the possibility of establishing either a Kneset Gedolah or Beth Din Gadol. or other Law-making and law declaring authority.
2. Rabbinical Courts in Palestine and abroad.
3. Jewish Marriage and Divorce law. Conflict of laws. Required Adjustments. Yibbum, Haliza, Agunot. Infant marriages and polygamy in the communities of the Orient.
4. Jewish rights in the Diaspora. protection of Minorities. Legal position of Kehillot.
5. Political and International demands of Palestine and the Jewish National Home.
6. Kneset Israel. Jewish National Institutions in Palestine.
7. The Legal System of Palestine. Jewish Peace Courts.
8. The Modern Movement towards Jewish Jurisprudence.
9. The establishment of a permanent, representative, Jewish body, which shall engage in legal research, publish a periodical organ, and hold biennial conferences, etc.
It is not intended at the present stage, to make any practical decisions, but simply to collect and co-ordinate material for the purpose of formulating future projects for legal reforms.