Rabbi Mishkin Renamed to New Orleans Pulpit; Has Served Since 1930

Rabbi Leonard C. Mishkin was reelected to the pulpit of Congregation Beth Israel for another year, it was announced here today by William Feldman, president of the congregation. The decision was made at a special meeting of the board of directors.

A graduate of the Hebrew Theological College of Chicago, where he also received his secular education at the Lewis Institute, Rabbi Mishkin has served Beth Israel since 1930. For the first two years he was educational director of the Menorah Institute and for the past two years he has performed the rabbinical duties.

According to Feldman, under Mishkin’s direction and supervision the Hebrew school of the Menorah Institute and the Sunday school have flourished.

NEXT STORY