The Bureau for the Settlement of German Jews, which is part of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, reported that since the beginning of its work in November, 1933, Â£70,000 has been spent on constructive works for German Jewish refugee settlers in Palestine. More than 6,000 refugees were assisted during this period.
New buildings were erected for the refugees in various colonies which cost Â£31,000 and provided housing for 2,700 immigrants. Over 465 German Jewish families benefitted from the purchase of land costing Â£6,000. Industrial training for 400 immigrants cost Â£4,500, while 200 received loans for constructive purposes.