Three agencies of the Brooklyn Federation of Jewish Charities gave clinical and outpatient service to 14.69 per cent of all such patients visiting thirty-seven Jewish institutions throughout the country, according to an analysis made by the Federation. They are the Jewish Hospital, the Beth Nurses Hospital and the East New York Dispensary.
The figures are based on the latest monthly reports compiled by the Bureau of Jewish Social Research of the National Council of Jewish Federations and Welfare Funds. The figures compiled by the Bureau are for the month of February, 1935.
An analysis of the figures compiled by the Bureau was made by Walter N. Rothschild, chairman of the Brooklyn Federation of Jewish Charities’ current campaign for $543,500, in preparation for a meeting of the Federation’s board of directors to be held tonight at the Unity Club, Bedford avenue and Dean street, Brooklyn.
Julius Eisenstein, Russian-American writer who emigrated to the United States in 1872, was the first to translate the Constitution of the United States into Hebrew and Yiddish.