Berlin Takes over Jewish-owned Music School
Menu JTA Search

Berlin Takes over Jewish-owned Music School

Download PDF for this date

The well-known Stern Conservatory of Music, founded by a Jewish family of that name in 1850 and operated by that family ever since, was today turned over to the City of Berlin under orders of Julius Lippert, Nazi Commissar for Berlin.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund