JERUSALEM (Nov. 2)
The new Iraqi government, risen to power by an army coup last week, telegraphed the Arab Supreme Committee in Palestine today that its friendly attitude and policy towards the Palestine Arabs remained unchanged.
The telegram further disclosed that the new Iraq Foreign Minister would be dispatched to Palestine in order to aid Arabs to draw up their case before the British Royal Commission expected to arrive here on November 11.
Al Liwaa, organ of the Grand Mufti, Haj Amin el Husseini, reported today that the new Iraqi government was not expected to interfere in Arab problems outside Iraq. The paper said, however, that Sikmat Bey Subeiman, new premier of Iraq, had told the Pro-Palestine Arab Committee in Baghdad that the Government would continue its efforts for the Palestine Arabs.
Reports circulated abroad over the weekend that Arabs in Baghdad had invaded the Jewish quarter, killing and wounding several persons, were denied today by the Jewish Agency for Palestine and the Jewish National Council.
Isaac Ben Zvi, president of the Council, told the Jewish Telegraphic Agency he had been in communication Saturday by long-distance telephone with Baghdad and had learned that there had been no invasion of the Jewish section nor massacre, adding that the Jewish position there had been improved.