LONDON (Feb. 28)
The last hope of breaking the stalemate in the Anglo-Jewish negotiations was pinned tonight on further informal talks between the two delegations. The Jewish Agency Executive, at its meeting tonight, postponed until tomorrow consideration of the question of how long to wait for a British reply to the demand for new proposals before walking out of the conference.
It is understood that Colonial Secretary Malcolm MacDonald intends to resume the discussions after he has had an opportunity to confer with Foreign Secretary Viscount Halifax, who is abed with influenza, and his other colleagues on the question of whether to replace or alter the present proposals to meet the Jewish objections voiced today, and if so, to what extents. If the British stand pat on their plan, then the negotiations will be concluded.
Meanwhile, the British plan is expected to receive the approval of the Arabs at a formal Anglo Arab session tomorrow.
Dr. Stephen S. Wise, who has decided not to attend any further sessions, conferred at length this morning with United States Ambassador Joseph P. Kennedy. Dr. Wise is scheduled to sail for New York on the Queen Mary on Saturday.