London (Oct. 21)
Britain has again approached verious governments in a new attempt to choke off Palestine visaless immigration at its source, a Foreign Office spokesman announced today. However, he would not specify which nations had been contacted.
It was reported here that two-thirds of the British troops have been withdrawn from various areas in Palestine and have been regrouped. Their new bases are said to be in Haifa, Jerusalem and the Negev.
In an aide memoire submitted today by the Italian Government to the Foreign Ministers Deputies, who are meeting here to consider disposition of Italy’s colonial empire, the government asserts that the Jewish minority in Tripolitania predates the Arab conquest. It adds that Jews have always concerned themselves with the life of the region and have made a particular impression on the character of the area.
The memorandum says that the question of Tripolitania should not be studied only with regard to the interests of the Arab population, but should be studied as a problem of peaceful cohabitation of the Arab majority with the other groups such as Italians, Jews and Berhers.