Menu JTA Search

U.S. Army Permits Americans to Send Money to Relatives Misplaced Persons in Germany

Persons in the United States can again make personal, family, and charitable remittance to individuals in the American, British, and French zones of Germany, including residents of displaced persons camps, the Army announced today.

American banks will give instructions on the data required to send money abroad. There will be no limit set on the amount of money that can be sent, but it must be for non-commercial use. If the payee can not be located within three months after the remittance is forwarded from the United States, the money will be returned to the sender, less a service charge.