NEW YORK (Apr. 16)
A new eight-story $1,750,000 medical and surgical building at Maimonides Hospital here adding 185 beds to the hospital’s present 550 capacity, was dedicated and opened for occupancy by patients today.
The building was started in 1937, but was not completed until this year because of lack of funds and the difficulties of construction during World War II and the early post-war years. Completion of the structure was made possible through funds allocated by the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of New York.