JERUSALEM (Jun. 26)
Twenty ships of various nations called at the pact of Elath since November 15, 1956, as compared to ten between 1949 and the Sinai campaign which broke the Egyptian blockade of the Gulf of Akaba, it was officially announced today. The 20 ships brought or picked up a total of over 40,000 tons in cargo.
The government’s investments in port facilities at Elath are expected to exceed 1,000,000 pounds this year. So far the Ministry of Development has ordered 350,000 pounds worth of equipment, some of which has already arrived.