Jewish-sponsored Agricultural College Gets U.S. Loan for Expansion
Menu JTA Search

Jewish-sponsored Agricultural College Gets U.S. Loan for Expansion

Download PDF for this date

The National Agricultural College, a Jewish-sponsored non-sectarian farm school, announced today it had received a Federal loan of $456, 000 for the construction of two dormitories to house 124 students and a faculty group, to which two single faculty homes will be added.

The school, the only privately-owned, four-year, degree-granting agricultural college in the United States was founded in 1896 by Rabbi Joseph Krauskopf. Starting as a 100-acre farm with six students, the school has grown to 850 acres of farm land with a 27-acre campus, 60 buildings and more than 300 students.

Founding Funders

The digitization of the JTA Archive would not have been possible without the generous support of the following donors:
  • The Gottesman Fund
  • Righteous Persons Foundation
  • Charles H. Revson Foundation
  • Elisa Spungen Bildner and Robert Bildner, in honor of Norma Spungen
  • George S. Blumenthal
  • Grace and Scott Offen Charitable Fund