NEW YORK (Apr. 16)
B’nai B’rith announced today the purchase of a complex of three brick buildings in midtown Manhattan to consolidate in a single regional headquarters the New York area activities of its national programs.
The property, purchased from the American National Red Cross for $1, 625, 000, will also house the national staff and metropolitan New York office of the Anti-Defamation League of B’nai B’rith, and serve as headquarters for B’nai B’rith District One, which administers the organization’s local units in New York, New England and eastern Canada.
The site, covering about 8, 160 square feet, includes a 12-story structure flanked by two adjoining buildings, each of five stories. They were formerly Manhattan headquarters for the Red Cross. International headquarters for the B’nai B’rith is its $1, 600, 000 building in Washington constructed in 1957.