TEL AVIV (Jul. 15)
One Israeli was wounded early this morning during what was described as a “relatively quiet” day in Lebanon. The army spokesman said that small arms fire had been directed at Israeli positions on the eastern cease-fire line on the Beirut-Damascus highway, with the Israelis returning small arms fire.
In the section around Beirut the cease-fire was generally observed, the spokesman said, apart from isolated cases of small arms fire by PLO terrorists at Israeli forces during the night. There were no Israeli casualties in this sector, the spokesman noted.
CORRECTION: A story in the July 15 Bulletin said an advertisement listed the total number of wounded and killed in Lebanon at over 400,000. The figure, according to the ad, was 40,000.