July 7, 2015 3:41pm
Rabbi Avi Weiss goes to Charleston to mourn the slain victims of the attack on an African-American church, and gets help saying the Mourner’s Kaddish for his father.
November 13, 2014 3:23pm
Israel recently moved to decentralize conversion. In America, just the opposite is happening. And the co-founders of a new modern Orthodox rabbinical organization think it’s a problem.
April 11, 2014 2:06pm
Jacob Birnbaum, a founder of the Soviet Jewry movement, was a heroic, legendary figure, writes Rabbi Avi Weiss.
October 20, 2013 11:42am
The Jewish doctrine of faith requires us to challenge God when his mandates confront our ethical sensibilities, Rabbi Avi Weiss writes.
February 8, 2011 2:42am
Natan Sharansky’s freedom is not only a celebration of his great courage; it is also a celebration of his wife Avital’s formidable moral and spiritual strength, Rabbi Avi Weiss writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- What Syria’s refugees think about Israel might surprise you
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- Ben Carson blames gun control for the Holocaust
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Donald Trump gets priestly blessing from Jew for Jesus