August 23, 2007 9:00am
Philanthropists have poured close to $30 million in recent months into Jewish camping, seeing such camps as one of the best investments in the Jewish future.
August 16, 2007 9:45am
The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee has opened a mailbox to collect money for relief efforts following Wednesday’s earthquake in southern Peru.
August 16, 2007 9:45am
Hezbollah’s leader, Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, promised that Israel faced a “big surprise” that could shake the Middle East if Israel invades Lebanon again.
July 26, 2005 9:00am
The long-anticipated Museum of the History of Polish Jews is one step closer to being realized with the decision to use the design created by the Finnish architect Rainer Mahlamaeki of the Helsinki firm Lahdelma and Mahlamaeki Architects.
June 26, 2005 9:00am
Twelve U.S. cadets from the Army, Navy and Air Force academies studied the lessons of the Holocaust up close in Poland.
June 22, 2005 9:00am
To mark their daughter’s bat mitzvah, an American family bought a Torah that had been commissioned in 1876 by a Polish family and returned it to the Jewish community in Warsaw.
June 20, 2005 9:00am
An exhibit on pre-war Jewish life in the Polish city of Czestochowa, a Catholic pilgrimage site with a tiny Jewish population, is taking on a life of its own.
June 7, 2005 9:00am
The restitution of Jewish property in Poland has gone from a nagging problem to an international dilemma as the government drags its feet in determining how to handle claims and survivors or their heirs face long court battles that often lead nowhere.
May 9, 2005 9:00am
Many Polish non-Jewish students who went on the March of the Living feel it is important to understand Polish Jewish history if they are to understand their own history.
February 23, 2005 10:00am
British caricaturist John Minnion, whose works are on display in the Galicia Jewish Museum in Krakow, has published a book showcasing the artists many of the Jews whose work Hitler declared “degenerate.”
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer