October 23, 2013 12:47pm
Thanksgivukkah, as the rare confluence of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving is being called, presents opportunities for creativity along with challenges, columnist Edmon J. Rodman writes.
September 9, 2013 9:00am
After the chest pounding and pleading for his life of the High Holidays, columnist Edmon J. Rodman aims to find the energy to again build the sukkah he’s put up for many, many years.
August 31, 2013 4:36pm
On Yom Kippur, when we beat our chests during the confession, maybe we should be knocking instead on our heads, columnist Edmon J. Rodman wonders. After all, isn’t that where all the trouble starts?
August 27, 2013 4:50pm
Not wanting to take holiday honey for granted anymore, columnist Edmon J. Rodman suits up with a beekeeper at a hive of activity in California.
July 8, 2013 10:14am
The flames from the destruction of the First and Second Temples that Jews remember on Tisha b’Av seem so distant until the tragedy in Arizona burns a connecting path, writes columnist Edmon J. Rodman.
June 9, 2013 9:18am
As the new “Superman: Man of Steel” movie flies to an opening on Father’s Day weekend, cheer earthbound Jewish men for their pretty spectacular powers, writes columnist Edmon J. Rodman — a father of three sons.
May 9, 2013 3:03pm
At Shavuot, columnist Edmon J. Rodman offers some tips for Torah newbies to find their way in the scroll.
April 21, 2013 8:57pm
Since we have been counting the Omer — a biblical measure of barley that was brought as an offering to the Temple — each evening from the second night of Passover, what better way to mark the coming holiday than by downing a barley beverage, cold and carbonated?
March 25, 2013 4:04pm
Columnist Edmon Rodman comes face to face with a Holocaust survivor’s 3-D image, part of a new interactive project of the University of Southern California’s Shoah Foundation.
March 11, 2013 2:15pm
Wondering if seeing Passover with an Egyptian eye will help recover some collective cultural memory, JTA columnist Edmon J. Rodman hits the historic Egyptian Theater in the heart of the Hollywood Boulevard tourist district.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Rock legend Phil Lesh gathers musician friends for a Grateful Dead Passover
- As Jews flee Belgium, a seder marks a family exodus
- Actress Lea Michele discovers her Greek-Jewish roots
- Sides swap character attacks in trial over Bay Area’s Koret Foundation
- Ex-mayor of London suspended from Labour for saying Hitler was Zionist
- Palestinians riot as Jewish worshippers visit Joseph’s Tomb
- ADL to Trump: Come up with something other than ‘America First’
- Critical profile of Melania Trump unleashes flood of anti-Semitic abuse on reporter
- Bernie Sanders to lay off ‘hundreds’ of staffers
- Donald Trump: Obama is no friend of Israel
- After weeks of brickbats, Bernie Sanders offers Hillary Clinton a bouquet
- Establishment candidates win Dem Senate nods in Md., Pa.