March 7, 2014 12:28pm
Looking for a better blotter of Haman’s name with an eye toward Purim-centered social action.
January 6, 2014 2:40pm
Doing a little planting for what some call the Jewish Arbor Day, columnist Edmon J. Rodman wonders about connecting the generations.
October 23, 2013 12:47pm
Thanksgivukkah, as the rare confluence of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving is being called, presents opportunities for creativity along with challenges, columnist Edmon J. Rodman writes.
September 9, 2013 9:00am
After the chest pounding and pleading for his life of the High Holidays, columnist Edmon J. Rodman aims to find the energy to again build the sukkah he’s put up for many, many years.
August 31, 2013 4:36pm
On Yom Kippur, when we beat our chests during the confession, maybe we should be knocking instead on our heads, columnist Edmon J. Rodman wonders. After all, isn’t that where all the trouble starts?
August 27, 2013 4:50pm
Not wanting to take holiday honey for granted anymore, columnist Edmon J. Rodman suits up with a beekeeper at a hive of activity in California.
July 8, 2013 10:14am
The flames from the destruction of the First and Second Temples that Jews remember on Tisha b’Av seem so distant until the tragedy in Arizona burns a connecting path, writes columnist Edmon J. Rodman.
June 9, 2013 9:18am
As the new “Superman: Man of Steel” movie flies to an opening on Father’s Day weekend, cheer earthbound Jewish men for their pretty spectacular powers, writes columnist Edmon J. Rodman — a father of three sons.
May 9, 2013 3:03pm
At Shavuot, columnist Edmon J. Rodman offers some tips for Torah newbies to find their way in the scroll.
April 21, 2013 8:57pm
Since we have been counting the Omer — a biblical measure of barley that was brought as an offering to the Temple — each evening from the second night of Passover, what better way to mark the coming holiday than by downing a barley beverage, cold and carbonated?
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- How Paris public schools became no-go zones for Jews
WatchOlympic figure skater Sasha Cohen dances hora at wedding — to Bruno Mars
- Steven Hill, Orthodox Jewish actor who played ‘Law & Order’ DA, dies at 94
- In Israeli first, Orthodox Jerusalem synagogue hires female spiritual leader
- NFL player Terrell Suggs lost weight — by cutting down on gefilte fish
- The 9 best Jews to play Trump in Clinton’s debate prep
- Trump campaign opens 3rd Israeli office, near Tel Aviv
- Outside Haim Saban fundraiser for Hillary Clinton, Black Lives Matter protests for Palestinians
- Is Donald Trump’s proposal to keep out anti-Semites practical — or ethical?
- Citing their ‘core beliefs,’ 40 Orthodox clergy condemn Trump’s ‘hateful rhetoric’
- Obama administration acknowledges link between $400 million and prisoner release
- Trump adviser alleged to have boasted of removing Jews from government jobs