May 29, 2012 8:15pm
A Navajo medicine man joins a rabbi for a series of cross-cultural discussions.
May 17, 2012 6:19pm
Just because there’s a debate about the public appropriateness on displaying the Ten Commandments doesn’t mean you can’t surround yourself with them at shul — or even in your front yard.
May 10, 2012 2:41pm
Using his late mother’s Torah Fund pins as an example, columnist Edmon J. Rodman offers his take on what to do when one inherits something that represents another’s commitment.
May 3, 2012 6:04pm
New Yorker Matthew Koven migrates west to open his rolling restaurant “Schmuck with a Truck.”
March 30, 2012 7:25pm
Why is the day after the seder different from all other days? Columnist Edmon J. Rodman figures it’s because of all the newly minted questions that drop into our brains like zuzim.
March 21, 2012 7:57pm
Anne Frank’s likeness is now on display at Madame Tussauds in Berlin. Are we ready for a young Jewish martyr and personification of the Holocaust to be melted into the waxy mix?
March 1, 2012 8:18pm
What with the cost of fancy, professionally made kosher shalach manot baskets going for 50 bucks and up, columnist Edmon J. Rodman finds a less expensive way to share the joy with more people: the 99 Cents Only Store.
February 6, 2012 9:26pm
On Valentine’s Day, for a people tasked in the Bible with being fruitful and multiplying, what goods are good for the Jews?
December 22, 2011 4:04pm
With ugly Christmas sweater contests all the rage this holiday season, what’s a Jew to do, if he or she wants to compete? Where were the Chanukah sweaters emblazoned with bearded and bronzed Maccabees, anthropomorphized grinning dreidels, and mighty menorahs, that would be needed to compete with the long established garish patterned and appliquéd Christmas…
December 20, 2011 11:10am
The Jewish — and non-Jewish — members of the West Point Jewish Chapel Cadet Choir took center stage at this year’s White House Chanukah party.
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- As Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico, synagogues cancel Rosh Hashanah services
- University of Maryland professor says she was fired for being pro-Israel
- Iran’s president says security for Israel is ‘not possible,’ pleads for nuclear deal
- Borough Park man indicted in prostitute scheme to intimidate abuse victim
- This US preschool is so Israeli it may as well be Tel Aviv
- DC ‘power synagogue’ hires co-senior rabbis
- Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian immigrant who lied about her terror conviction in Israel, deported to Jordan
- Germany adopts international definition of anti-Semitism
- In unusual move, 7 Jewish senators urge Netanyahu to protect pluralism in Israel