December 12, 2011 5:22pm
Columnist Edmon J. Rodman figures even with two Judah Maccabee movies in production, there’s room for a third — and he’s just the guy to make it.
December 6, 2011 8:44pm
Judaica made without exploitation: a bike chain menorah created in India. And there’s a website that promotes fair trade Judaica and helps design new works.
December 5, 2011 11:30pm
With the high intermarriage rate, the Jewish creator of a a 6-inch plastic Star of David attached to a stainless steel coil that allows the star to sit atop a Christmas tree says the potential market is enormous. But he’ll have to deal with the naysayers.
November 10, 2011 10:33pm
Fearful of Hamas rockets? Iranian nukes? Never fear. Secret agent Israel Bond is on the case.
October 27, 2011 11:15am
Costumes of the disgraced congressman are big business this Halloween season. Bernie Madoff masks, not so much.
October 7, 2011 8:04pm
JTA columnist Edmon J. Rodman mulls the rehabbing of his sukkah in tough financial times.
September 22, 2011 8:03pm
On Yom Kippur, the ultimate game day for Jews, columnist Edmon J. Rodman says we can apply football’s well-known pattern of timed territorial struggle to the personal struggle being played out for our attention, intention and understanding.
September 22, 2011 6:48pm
What if you “accidentally” hit the snooze button while sitting in Rosh HaShanah or Yom Kippur services? JTA columnist Edmon J. Rodman says it isn’t so terrible — and could even help spiritually.
September 2, 2011 12:10pm
Two West Coast Jewish high school football teams squared off in a game dubbed the Bagel Bowl.
June 1, 2011 4:06pm
On Shavuot, Jews read about Ruth, the Bible’s most famous convert, making the holiday a good time to reassess attitudes toward Jews by Choice in our own communities.
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- As Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico, synagogues cancel Rosh Hashanah services
- University of Maryland professor says she was fired for being pro-Israel
- Iran’s president says security for Israel is ‘not possible,’ pleads for nuclear deal
- Borough Park man indicted in prostitute scheme to intimidate abuse victim
- This US preschool is so Israeli it may as well be Tel Aviv
- DC ‘power synagogue’ hires co-senior rabbis
- Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian immigrant who lied about her terror conviction in Israel, deported to Jordan
- Germany adopts international definition of anti-Semitism
- In unusual move, 7 Jewish senators urge Netanyahu to protect pluralism in Israel