August 7, 2009 8:10pm
Activists in Argentina are demanding the ouster of Buenos Aires’ police chief, who was alleged to have concealed evidence in the AMIA bombing.
July 17, 2009 7:25pm
The swine flu outbreak in Argentina has forced the cancellation of the anniversary tribute to the victims of the AMIA Jewish center attack in Buenos Aires.
July 8, 2009 5:18pm
Argentine Jewish officials have asked the mayor of Buenos Aires to stay the appointment of the city’s new police chief, who is being investigated in the AMIA Jewish center attack.
June 30, 2009 6:37pm
A leftist Argentine filmmaker who has condemned Israel finished second in Buenos Aires legislative elections.
June 18, 2009 11:05pm
Facing growing numbers of would-be converts, Latin American Jewish communities are worried about being overwhelmed by mass conversions and having to filter out those whose motivations are not genuine. In the meantime, converts finding it hard to gain Jewish communal acceptance are creating new Jewish communities of their own.
June 10, 2009 3:19pm
An Argentine federal judge issued an arrest warrant for a Colombian man accused of being a key organizer in an attack on a Buenos Aires Jewish center.
June 9, 2009 1:17am
Faced with the prospect of eased U.S. travel restrictions to Cuba, Jews in Cuba do not expect much to change in the near future.
June 4, 2009 9:21pm
A Jewish official asked the Organization of American States to investigate recent anti-Semitism in Venezuela.
May 28, 2009 6:53pm
The Argentina Supreme Court ordered the reopening of the investigation into the 1994 bombing of a Buenos Aires Jewish community center.
May 21, 2009 10:25pm
An Argentine prosecutor has sought the arrest of a Colombian believed to have coordinated the 1994 attack on the Buenos Aires Jewish center.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- Chief Rabbinate telling more and more Israelis they aren’t Jews
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Leonard Cohen memorial concert in Montreal to feature Sting, Elvis Costello
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- St. Louis synagogue opens doors to protesters against police shooting
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Bulgarian Foreign Ministry condemns vandalism in Sofia Jewish cemetery