December 12, 2004 10:00am
An Israeli peace deal with Syria could mean Israelis in the Golan having to give up their homes. But even as Syrian President Bashar Assad makes peace overtures to Israel, many Golan Jews feel no sense of urgency.
December 7, 2004 10:00am
Their eyes on regional stability, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak have put aside personal tensions to seek rapprochement through unusually warm exchanges.
November 22, 2004 10:00am
A recent wave of Lebanese provocations along Israel’s northern border has highlighted questions over how such incidents should be dealt with both in Israel and in Lebanon.
October 18, 2004 9:00am
Since the outbreak of the intifada, Israel’s Armenians, a minority within Israel’s Arab minority, find themselves caught between radical Muslims and Jews fearful of anyone who is not Jewish.
September 28, 2004 9:00am
On the eve of the fourth anniversary of the Palestinian intifada’s outbreak, violence continues to sear the region in what has become the longest-running Israeli-Arab conflict.
September 20, 2004 9:00am
With Israel’s withdrawal from Gaza looming, Egypt is working to lay the groundwork for a smooth pullout and for accord among Palestinian groups in the aftermath of Israel’s departure.
September 13, 2004 9:00am
Israel’s national discourse was dominated recently by talk of potential civil war, but very few of those talking dared discuss what such a conflict might look like. What are the chances of an outbreak?
August 24, 2004 9:00am
A hunger strike by Palestinian security prisoners encompasses close to 3,000 inmates, making it the largest such demonstration in Israeli history.
August 17, 2004 9:00am
An unusual youth delegation comprised of Germans, Poles, Jews and Arabs is gathering in Israel to carry a message of peace and non-violence.
August 9, 2004 9:00am
During the summer, the ranks of the homeless in Tel Aviv grow, converging from all over the country. Though the exact numbers are fuzzy, one thing is clear: Younger and younger Israelis are becoming homeless.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer