April 23, 2013 7:42pm
Brothers Ken and Daniel Hechtman, owners of a kosher diner, helped saved several people from a fiery wreck in suburban Chicago.
April 22, 2013 5:07pm
The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations has nominated Robert Sugarman, the immediate past national chairman of the Anti-Defamation League, as its chairman.
April 16, 2013 12:17pm
You might not yet recognize B.J. Novak’s name, but you soon will. Novak, head writer and actor in the hit TV-series, “The Office,” has been signed to a two book-deal by Knopf Publishers. Reportedly, Novak received over 7 figures as an advance for a two book contract. The first book, which his agent compares to…
April 16, 2013 12:11pm
Jake Gyllenhaal, everyone’s favorite Jewish pretty-boy, has released an audiobook of him reciting “The Great Gatsby.” I can’t think of anything more delightful than listening to Gyllenhaal’s mellifluous voice reading the hallowed words of Fitzgerald, and he kills it. The release comes out in honor of the upcoming new and modernized rendition of “The Great…
April 11, 2013 4:26pm
Some new “facts” have come to light on the now infamous fight between everyone’s favorite Canadian Jewish Rapper, Drake, and Chris Brown, everyone’s favorite person to hate. Last year, both of their crews were involved in an altercation that left numerous people injured, but it remained unclear why the fight actually broke out. TMZ now…
April 9, 2013 5:53pm
John McCandlish Phillips Jr., a longtime New York Times reporter who wrote about a Jewish man who became a senior Ku Klux Klan official, has died.
March 29, 2013 1:56pm
It’s been a blessedly quiet Passover this year. Unfortunately, that hasn’t always been the case. From the Middle Ages and even well into the 20th century, Passover was a time of blood libels against the Jewish people that often resulted in deadly attacks. In 1936, for example, a band of peasants in the Polish town…
March 25, 2013 5:23pm
Helen Kutsher, the face of her family-owned resort in the Catskill Mountains for decades, has died.
March 22, 2013 4:08pm
On Friday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu apologized to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan for “operational mistakes” during the 2010 raid on a Turkish flotilla heading for Gaza. An announcement that the two nations were resuming normal diplomatic ties quickly followed. The incident that turned Turkish-Israel ties into a full-blown row came in May…
March 21, 2013 7:05pm
Rabbi Herschel Schacter, a former chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, has died.
- Muslim civil rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on JCC bomb threats
- Leah Adler, mother of Steven Spielberg and popular restaurateur, dies at 97
- Author JK Rowling helps boost Muslim campaign to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
- NJ yeshiva alumni, former staff implore graduate Jared Kushner to help halt refugee ban
- After much prodding, Trump condemns anti-Semitism
- Meet the Jewish couple leading the Trump resistance
- Jewish groups seek action from Trump to match his words on anti-Semitism
- Pence visits vandalized cemetery, condemns threats to JCCs
- Muslim campaign raises over $100,000 for vandalized Jewish cemetery
- Jewish governor of Missouri, Muslim activists pitching in to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
AnalysisTrump, the Jews and the political weaponization of anti-Semitism