April 23, 2013 7:42pm
Brothers Ken and Daniel Hechtman, owners of a kosher diner, helped saved several people from a fiery wreck in suburban Chicago.
April 22, 2013 5:07pm
The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations has nominated Robert Sugarman, the immediate past national chairman of the Anti-Defamation League, as its chairman.
April 16, 2013 12:17pm
You might not yet recognize B.J. Novak’s name, but you soon will. Novak, head writer and actor in the hit TV-series, “The Office,” has been signed to a two book-deal by Knopf Publishers. Reportedly, Novak received over 7 figures as an advance for a two book contract. The first book, which his agent compares to…
April 16, 2013 12:11pm
Jake Gyllenhaal, everyone’s favorite Jewish pretty-boy, has released an audiobook of him reciting “The Great Gatsby.” I can’t think of anything more delightful than listening to Gyllenhaal’s mellifluous voice reading the hallowed words of Fitzgerald, and he kills it. The release comes out in honor of the upcoming new and modernized rendition of “The Great…
April 11, 2013 4:26pm
Some new “facts” have come to light on the now infamous fight between everyone’s favorite Canadian Jewish Rapper, Drake, and Chris Brown, everyone’s favorite person to hate. Last year, both of their crews were involved in an altercation that left numerous people injured, but it remained unclear why the fight actually broke out. TMZ now…
April 9, 2013 5:53pm
John McCandlish Phillips Jr., a longtime New York Times reporter who wrote about a Jewish man who became a senior Ku Klux Klan official, has died.
March 29, 2013 1:56pm
It’s been a blessedly quiet Passover this year. Unfortunately, that hasn’t always been the case. From the Middle Ages and even well into the 20th century, Passover was a time of blood libels against the Jewish people that often resulted in deadly attacks. In 1936, for example, a band of peasants in the Polish town…
March 25, 2013 5:23pm
Helen Kutsher, the face of her family-owned resort in the Catskill Mountains for decades, has died.
March 22, 2013 4:08pm
On Friday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu apologized to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan for “operational mistakes” during the 2010 raid on a Turkish flotilla heading for Gaza. An announcement that the two nations were resuming normal diplomatic ties quickly followed. The incident that turned Turkish-Israel ties into a full-blown row came in May…
March 21, 2013 7:05pm
Rabbi Herschel Schacter, a former chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, has died.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer