January 16, 2006 10:00am
When a recent immigrant to Israel finds out his father has cancer, his overseas relationships with his family grow stronger through the difficult time.
August 3, 2005 9:00am
An American who immigrated to Israel is increasingly uneasy over the major rift developing in the Jewish state as the Gaza pullout nears.
May 11, 2005 9:00am
A new immigrant to Israel reflects on the depths of the sorrow he feels in remembering Israel’s losses on Memorial Day, and how that sorrow allows him and all Israelis to go immediately to the joy of the birth of the state celebrated in Independence D
April 10, 2005 9:00am
An American oleh realizes that even though he wants to integrate into Israeli society, he’s best off finding a wife from a background similar to his own.
January 26, 2005 10:00am
A recent immigrant to Israel wonders if a byproduct of modernity rampant consumerism and commercialization will overwhelm the heimische country he used to know.
December 22, 2004 10:00am
An American oleh, armed with urban legends about the inefficiency of Israeli bureaucracy, is surprised by a pleasant experience at the Jewish state’s Interior Ministry.
September 7, 2004 9:00am
A new collection of interviews that is now hitting bookstores illustrates how pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood are all opportunities for spirituality and personal growth through the eyes of Judaism.
July 14, 2004 9:00am
An American who moved to Israel last year is now on the other side, welcoming a planeload of new immigrants as they become citizens of the Jewish state.
June 7, 2004 9:00am
A recent oleh struggles to escape the English-speaking womb, but the fact that he´s American makes him an outsider among new Israeli friends.
April 14, 2004 9:00am
An American immigrant to finds that Israel’s pressing issues force him to abandon his left-wing political views and move to the right.
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- As Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico, synagogues cancel Rosh Hashanah services
- University of Maryland professor says she was fired for being pro-Israel
- Iran’s president says security for Israel is ‘not possible,’ pleads for nuclear deal
- Borough Park man indicted in prostitute scheme to intimidate abuse victim
- This US preschool is so Israeli it may as well be Tel Aviv
- DC ‘power synagogue’ hires co-senior rabbis
- Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian immigrant who lied about her terror conviction in Israel, deported to Jordan
- Germany adopts international definition of anti-Semitism
- In unusual move, 7 Jewish senators urge Netanyahu to protect pluralism in Israel