January 17, 2016 6:33am
Israeli officials are trying to stop the European Union from passing an impending resolution that differentiates between Israel and its territory beyond the Green Line, its borders before the 1967 Six-Day War.
January 17, 2016 5:48am
Group representing major universities said it was reissuing its 2013 statement on boycotts in response to the American Anthropological Association ‘s boycott resolution.
January 15, 2016 2:54pm
The auction at J. Greenstein & Co.’s Auction House in Cedarhurst, New York, will also include Judaica owned by Harvard law professor and author Alan Dershowitz.
January 15, 2016 2:35pm
With a high bid of $1,300, 19 offers have so far been made for the official death certificate of Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson.
January 14, 2016 4:50pm
The Charedi Talmud Torah Tashbar school reportedly has operated illegally for 40 years, does not teach children English and, according to inspectors, was failing to meet “minimum” standards.
January 14, 2016 4:32pm
At the event in Manhattan, children aged 5 to 13 learned to mix and knead their own dough, which they then took home to bake.
January 14, 2016 4:26pm
The treatment tested in Jerusalem and developed by an American-Israeli biotech company appears to significantly slow the progression of ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
January 13, 2016 5:11pm
Dani Dayan was nominated four months ago, but Brazil’s government has objected to his background as head of the settlers’ Yesha Council.
January 13, 2016 4:24pm
Among his countrymen, Jacob was best known for negotiating the 1971 surrender of more than 90,000 Pakistani soldiers in Bangladesh’s struggle for independence.
January 13, 2016 4:13pm
The business model for the channel, which was sued last year by former employees accusing it of anti-Semitism and sexism, was “not sustainable,” its CEO said in a staff memo.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Orthodox trader, immigrant Harvard grad, killed by Manhattan crane collapse
- Mystery solved: Sanders volunteered at kibbutz Shaar Haamakim
- Israeli Jewish boy, 11, stabbed and wounded allegedly by Arab teen
- Anti-Semitism a ‘recurrent problem’ in Dutch schools, gov’t report says
- Brazil Hillel feigns closure in bizarre marketing stunt
- On 'SNL' with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the idealistic Jew
- Prayer books, Torah scrolls destroyed in suspected Palestinian arson attack
- On ‘SNL’ with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the Jewish idealist
- Thriving indie Jewish communities join forces to create rabbinic fellowship
- 50 years on, Bernie Sanders still champions values of his Israeli kibbutz
- Coen brothers on #OscarsSoWhite: We write what we know – Jews and Minnesotans