March 23, 2006 10:00am
An Ethiopian-Israeli comic helps American audiences understand his community’s experience and sheds light on a little-known side of Israel.
January 9, 2006 10:00am
Not just a pretty face, modeltries to open doors for Ethiopians
August 11, 2005 9:00am
An annual gathering in Israel brings together Jews and Arabs to build trust through listening circles, workshops, musical performances and shared meals.
April 21, 2005 9:00am
Represented by a new organization, Ethiopian Jews are organizing programs in New York to introduce other Jews to the Ethiopian community’s traditions and heritage.
June 9, 2004 9:00am
Its popularity crossing ethnic lines, Mizrahi music is topping the charts in Israel.
October 1, 2003 9:00am
The Hamagshimim program brings together Conservative, Orthodox, Reform and secular Jewish youngsters by offering post-high school students the opportunity to study, work on a kibbutz and volunteer in programs throughout Israel before beginning college in
September 29, 2003 9:00am
Members of Zaka, the fervently Orthodox rescue and cleanup organization that recover victims´ remains after terrorist attacks, rely on conventional and unconventional methods of coping with the emotionally draining job.
September 22, 2003 9:00am
Going back to school is usually tough after the summer break, but this year some Israeli students are relieved to be back in class after the summer’s calm was shattered by the resumption of Palestinian terrorism. Schools are ready with strategies to help
September 22, 2003 9:00am
Emil Fackenheim, a prominent philosopher and theologian, died at age 87. He is perhaps most famous for his assertion that after the Holocaust, Jews have not only 613 commandments to obey, but 614. The last commandment was to be actively Jewish, thus denyi
September 11, 2003 9:00am
For a few people in Israel on at least one night, terrorist violence brought Arabs and Jews together. Just two days after a pair of deadly suicide bombings, a group of Jews and Arabs gathered in Jerusalem on the two-year anniversary of Sept. 11.
WatchMark Zuckerberg just used a Hebrew prayer to inspire Harvard ’17
- Jared, Ivanka and that Friday night flight: Experts respond
- ‘Alt-right’ celebrates alleged body slam of Jewish reporter Ben Jacobs by GOP congressional candidate
- GOP House candidate charged with body slamming Jewish reporter
- There’s an Orthodox version of ‘Shark Tank’
- Sheldon Adelson questioned by police in Netanyahu corruption investigation
- Among Lithuania’s Jews, a fight for communal control takes a nasty ethnic turn
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- Hecklers shout ‘Heil Hitler!’ during Jewish school’s Holocaust play
- Portland man who killed two while attacking Muslim women is known white supremacist
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’