September 17, 2013 6:14am
British Prime Minister David Cameron said he will establish a national commission to ensure that Britain has a “permanent and fitting” Holocaust memorial.
July 22, 2013 8:06am
It’s perhaps understandable if the duchess of Cambridge didn’t notice the memorial plaque noting the Jewish donor of the Lindo wing where she is now in labor.
February 22, 2013 7:04am
Britain’s Jewish population is becoming more concentrated, with nearly 60 percent of Jews living in London, new statistics show.
December 20, 2012 4:07pm
Succeeding an internationally renowned public intellectual, Ephraim Mirvis has some big shoes to fill as British chief rabbi.
December 13, 2012 6:47pm
TrainE-TraidE, a British nonprofit run by a haredi Orthodox MBA, recognizes no denominational barriers in its quest to help Jews find secure employment.
August 20, 2012 3:43pm
Ludwig Guttman, a German-English Jewish refugee, bucked colleagues and convention when he combined spinal injury recovery with sports and mental health.
August 7, 2012 3:53pm
Speakers at a London memorial ceremony for the 11 Israeli athletes and coaches murdered at the 1972 Olympic Games had sharp words for International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge.
August 6, 2012 1:26pm
Israeli Alex Gilady, a member of the International Olympic Committee for 16 years, continues to stand against a moment of silence for the Munich 11.
July 30, 2012 8:16pm
Rabbi chaplains for athletes, special kiddushes and kosher food at cafes are some ways that London’s Jewish community have embraced the Olympic spirit.
July 16, 2012 5:26pm
Typically on high alert, London’s Jewish community organizations are being advised to take additional security measures during the Olympics.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Theo Epstein vs. Mike Chernoff: The Jewish minds behind the Cubs and the Indians
- Trump supporter and radio host: Rahm Emanuel part of ‘Jewish mafia’ that controls US
- Cubs vs. Indians: Which team is more Jewish?
- Why Ari Shavit’s fall from grace stings for so many American Jews
- A Brooklyn judge becomes America’s first Hasidic woman to serve in public office
- Trump Israel adviser denies anti-Semitic sentiment among supporters
- Spain’s Jewish ‘ghost towns’ seek a boost from living Jews
- Clinton campaign tally shows 5 top donors are Jewish
- Second UNESCO committee passes resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount
- Israel Police recommend lifting ban on lawmakers’ visits to Temple Mount
- Israeli journalist Ari Shavit apologizes for ‘misunderstanding’ in response to reporter’s sexual assault account
- Latest Clinton email twist involves Anthony Weiner
- One Jew, One Vote: Jeff Bookman, 65
- Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100 percent’ if elected
- Among Cleveland’s Orthodox voters, reluctance reigns
- One Jew, One Vote: Hildee Weiss, 48
- Curt Schilling calls Jews who slammed his Jake Tapper questioning ‘clowns’