March 22, 2012 7:20pm
With baseball’s Opening Day nearing, why we care about Jews who played in the Major Leagues from the author of a book on the subject.
October 25, 2006 9:00am
Benjamin Meed, a key figure in spreading awareness of the Holocaust in the United States, died Tuesday in New York at age 88 after a long illness.
October 24, 2006 9:00am
Issuing their first updated edition in more than 30 years, the editors of the Encyclopaedia Judaica’s new edition confronted a whole new world.
January 24, 2006 10:00am
Officials in Indonesia, a mostly Muslim country, have honored the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee for its tsunami relief efforts.
May 17, 2005 9:00am
The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee is rebuilding and upgrading children’s parks and playgrounds in Sri Lanka that were destroyed by the tsunami that roared through on Dec. 26
January 11, 2005 10:00am
The American Jewish World Service was among 19 groups invited to the White House to discuss tsunami relief efforts with President Bush.
December 7, 2004 10:00am
The Orthodox Union is promising to institute changes at a kosher slaughterhouse it supervises following complaints from a strident animal rights group about the way the slaughterhouse kills cows.
September 7, 2004 9:00am
Years after a few baseball stadiums added kosher food stands to their culinary options, tennis fans at the U.S. Open can finally chow down on glatt kosher corned beef and knishes.
July 6, 2004 9:00am
Jewish groups are stepping up efforts to stop the killing of black Muslims by government-sponsored Arab militias in Sudan.
April 20, 2004 9:00am
Jay Litvin, a leader of a group that helped children who became ill from the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, died of cancer at the age of 60.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- 2017 Emmy Awards: On a historic night for diversity, ‘SNL’ quietly wins big
- In Belarus, some Jews don’t mind a dictator
WatchWatch Trump’s High Holidays greeting
OpinionYom Kippur is a reminder of the awesome, and awful, power of words
- Outreach services for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur expected to reach 70,000 Israelis