August 2, 2006 9:00am
On Monday evening, thousands of pro-Israel demonstrators in Pennsylvania cheered for Michael Levin, a local boy serving in the Israeli army. By the next day, they were mourning his loss.
July 27, 2006 9:00am
Descendants of North Dakota Jews hope to preserve a piece of the state’s Jewish history by marking its Jewish cemetery.
July 9, 2006 9:00am
There’s a holy war of sorts going on in New York City: Jews for Jesus’ proselyting effort in the city has never been larger, but the Jewish response has never been stronger either.
June 22, 2006 9:00am
Israel’s admission to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent movement was the result of 58 years of aggressive, sustained lobbying and some last-minute wrangling at the Red Cross conference in Geneva.
June 19, 2006 9:00am
Excitement over a December agreement to admit Israel’s Magen David Adom to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent movement after a 60-year exclusion may have been premature.
June 15, 2006 9:00am
By combining their interests in Judaism and outdoor sports, a growing cadre of adrenaline seekers is building a new definition of what it means to do, or be, Jewish.
June 7, 2006 9:00am
A newly minted Conservative rabbi is spending his Friday afternoons on the streets of New York City trying to convince passers-by into talking Torah.
May 11, 2006 9:00am
Jewish community leaders pushing immigration reform are doing so through interfaith and interethnic partnerships that they think may provide assistance on issues more dear to the Jewish community as well.
May 2, 2006 9:00am
A new task force on Israeli Arabs, founded by a broad coalition of American Jewish groups, hopes to improve Israeli Arabs’ status in Israel while mending a rift in Israeli society.
May 2, 2006 9:00am
Instead of seeing Sunday’s rally as an end point, Jewish groups are working to harness its momentum and keep the Darfur cause alive.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
OpinionThe US anti-BDS bill may be bad, but not as bad as some critics say
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros. announces
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’