October 31, 2011 7:21pm
Most American Christian leaders strongly condemned the Kristallnacht pogrom that the Nazis carried out against Germany’s Jews 73 years ago next week, but the words of condemnation were not always accompanied by calls for action, writes the director of The David S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies.
August 9, 2011 3:23pm
It’s important that the 1940s’ rescue activists known as the Bergson Group are finally receiving the recognition they deserve to ensure historical accuracy, to promote Jewish unity and, most of all, to help inspire a new generation of activists, writes the director of the The David S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies.
June 1, 2011 10:01pm
With Benjamin Netanyahu’s success in attracting bipartisan support in Washington, the prime minister is following in the footsteps of his father, who accomplished a similar feat 67 years ago, writes historian Rafael Medoff.
March 30, 2011 11:25pm
By intervening in Libya, America’s leaders are recognizing a role for historical lessons in shaping policy decisions — a welcome change from the attitudes of some of their predecessors, writes the director of a Holocaust studies institute.
September 25, 2006 9:00am
Ivy League lecture invitations to Iran’s president have a precedent: In the 1930s, Harvard and Columbia welcomed members of the Nazi regime to address their students.
August 31, 2006 9:00am
Broadway plays don’t usually produce political or social change. But Ben Hecht’s controversial pro-Zionist play “A Flag is Born,” which debuted 60 years ago, had an impact on three of the most contentious issues of its day.
August 17, 2005 9:00am
Maurice Rosenblatt, a lobbyist for the rescue of Holocaust refugees and the creation of the State of Israel who played a key role in the downfall of Sen. Joseph McCarthy, died at age 90.
- Israeli-American teen arrested in Israel for over 100 JCC bomb threats
- President Trump expecting ninth grandchild, from son Eric and his wife, Lara
- Preparing for Passover in Ukraine’s last shtetl
- Is Eric Trump’s wife Lara Jewish?
- Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian woman imprisoned in Israel for terror attack, takes US plea deal
- The last Passover countdown checklist you will ever need
- Bomb threat suspect, named Michael Kaydar, used Bitcoin, Google Voice
- AIPAC 2017 preview: Seeking a bipartisan spirit in an extremely polarized capital
WatchJewish countertenor, 23, wins prestigious Metropolitan Opera award
- 6 decades after synagogue bombing, Atlanta Jews feel threats again
- Barry Shrage, longtime CEO of Boston Jewish federation, announces retirement