October 31, 2011 7:21pm
Most American Christian leaders strongly condemned the Kristallnacht pogrom that the Nazis carried out against Germany’s Jews 73 years ago next week, but the words of condemnation were not always accompanied by calls for action, writes the director of The David S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies.
August 9, 2011 3:23pm
It’s important that the 1940s’ rescue activists known as the Bergson Group are finally receiving the recognition they deserve to ensure historical accuracy, to promote Jewish unity and, most of all, to help inspire a new generation of activists, writes the director of the The David S. Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies.
June 1, 2011 10:01pm
With Benjamin Netanyahu’s success in attracting bipartisan support in Washington, the prime minister is following in the footsteps of his father, who accomplished a similar feat 67 years ago, writes historian Rafael Medoff.
March 30, 2011 11:25pm
By intervening in Libya, America’s leaders are recognizing a role for historical lessons in shaping policy decisions — a welcome change from the attitudes of some of their predecessors, writes the director of a Holocaust studies institute.
September 25, 2006 9:00am
Ivy League lecture invitations to Iran’s president have a precedent: In the 1930s, Harvard and Columbia welcomed members of the Nazi regime to address their students.
August 31, 2006 9:00am
Broadway plays don’t usually produce political or social change. But Ben Hecht’s controversial pro-Zionist play “A Flag is Born,” which debuted 60 years ago, had an impact on three of the most contentious issues of its day.
August 17, 2005 9:00am
Maurice Rosenblatt, a lobbyist for the rescue of Holocaust refugees and the creation of the State of Israel who played a key role in the downfall of Sen. Joseph McCarthy, died at age 90.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition
- California man sentenced to life in prison for killing Jewish doctor he blamed for botched surgery