January 29, 2009 11:30pm
With little chance of winning the premiership, the eccentric Ehud Barak may be angling for another stint as defense minister.
October 30, 2007 9:00am
Ehud Olmert’s surprise announcement that he has early-stage prostate cancer is being seen in Israel as more than merely a medical disclosure. It appears also to be a gesture to head off another Israeli leadership crisis.
October 15, 2007 9:00am
In Washington for talks with Bush administration officials, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak is trying to promote joint U.S.-Israel missile defense projects and focus on the Iranian nuclear threat.
October 11, 2007 9:00am
Already a world leader in aviation security, Israel is fast adapting to the ever-heightened risks of the post-9/11 world with new systems to guard against suicide hijackings and shoulder-fired missiles.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- U.S. preparing to release Jonathan Pollard: Wall Street Journal